** Free Pharmacy Blood Pressure Training **
On-demand WEBINAR from the comfort of your home or pharmacy
For pharmacists and their teams in the Midlands and East
Health Education England, in collaboration with NHS England and Public Health England across the Midlands and East areas, are funding training for pharmacists and their teams on blood pressure risk awareness and measurement technique to support a health promotion campaign.
Following the success of our five live webinars, you and a pharmacy team member are invited to attend this recorded webinar to develop your blood pressure risk awareness and measurement technique. Whether you are learning for the first time, validating what you know already or checking you are doing it correctly, this training will ensure you are up-to-date in your practise and consistently measuring your patient’s blood pressure appropriately. In addition the training will support knowledge development on the lifestyle behaviours that may cause high blood pressure and risks of having high blood pressure. This is also an opportunity for attendees of the live webinars to revisit the content and complete their assessment again if the did not achieve the pass mark of 80% at the first attempt.
Commissioners of services are increasingly looking at providers who have the appropriate training. We therefore encourage Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians and Health Champions from all contractors in the Midlands and East to register and watch this free and accessible training.
The webinar itself last 40 minutes followed by the assessment and is compatible with PC, laptop, tablet and mobile devices. All attendees successfully completing the short online assessment can access a certificate.
Attend this webinar to:
- the scale of the blood pressure problem and risks to health
- lifestyle changes that can reduce blood pressure
- how to have a healthy conversation to support individuals to change their behaviours and reduce their risks
- how to run an effective health campaign on high blood pressure
- Learn best practice for measuring blood pressure with a validated automated machine covering:
- familiarisation with equipment, including cuff sizing
- infection control
- patient preparation
- procedural instructions
- post-procedure instruction
- Understand when to refer at risk individuals
- Engage through an interactive question and answer session
- Complete an assessment and certification
To register for this webinar click here.
N.B. This training is being made available to all pharmacies across the Midlands footprint only.