** Free Blood Pressure Training **
On-demand training from the comfort of your workplace or home
Health Education England, in collaboration with NHS England and Public Health England, are funding training for pharmacists and their teams on blood pressure risk awareness and measurement technique to support effective health promotion campaigns and interventions.
Following the success of our five live webinars, you and a pharmacy team member are invited to attend this recorded webinar to develop your blood pressure risk awareness and measurement technique. Whether you are learning for the first time, validating what you know already or checking you are doing things correctly, this training will ensure you are up-to-date in your practise and consistently measuring your patient’s blood pressure appropriately. In addition the training will support knowledge development on the lifestyle behaviours that may cause high blood pressure and risks of having high blood pressure.
Commissioners of services are increasingly looking at providers who have the appropriate will and skills. We therefore encourage Pharmacists and Pharmacy teams, particularly Health Champions, to register and watch this free and accessible training. Whilst the training is primarily targeted at community pharmacies, the content is equally relevant for other healthcare settings.
The webinar itself last about 30 minutes followed by the assessment and an opportunity to access the available resources. It is compatible with PC, laptop, tablet and mobile devices. All attendees successfully completing the short multiple-choice online assessment can access a certificate for their CPD and HLP portfolios.
Attend this training webinar to:
- the scale of the blood pressure problem and risks to health
- lifestyle changes that can reduce blood pressure
- how to have a healthy conversation to support individuals to change their behaviours and reduce their risks
- how to run an effective health campaign on high blood pressure
- Learn best practice for measuring blood pressure with a validated automated machine
- Understand when to refer at risk individuals
- Complete an assessment and certification