The February series is on mental health and wellbeing, a topic which has been the most popular request from participants of the Academy sessions to date.
Mental health is a big issue affecting us all:
- One in four people experience some form of mental health problem in the course of a year
- 20% of women and 13% of men have a common mental health problem – mainly anxiety and depression
- There is a stigma associated with mental health problems which deter people from seeking help with delays in accessing professional support
- Community pharmacy is well placed to support individuals and signpost them to appropriate local resources.
By attending, this evening Academy workshop will help you:
- Understand more about common mental health conditions to be more mental health aware
- Know how to signpost to local services and resources that enable people to help themselves
- Develop the skills and confidence to work support others, including work colleagues
- Learn how to support people in distress for example, those at risk of suicide, who have been bereaved, are having a panic attack or may be self-harming
We will cover:
- What is mental health and wellbeing?
- Why is supporting mental health and wellbeing is important?
- Your role in raising awareness, promoting mental wellbeing, helping people to help themselves and signposting to resources
- Common mental health conditions
- Frameworks and skills to support engagement with individuals
- Supporting individuals in distress
- Looking after your own mental health
The meeting is a FREE event and will commence with hot food at 6:30pm, for a 7:15pm start. We will finish at 9:30pm.
The events can be booked via the CPSC website and we recommend booking early to avoid disappointment. Please cascade to colleagues in the local area to encourage them to come along.