NHS England and NHS Health Education England funded events for Health Champions
Health Champion Knowledge into Action workshop
An opportunity to attend a fully funded one-day development workshop
Following a successful series of Health Champion revision and assessment workshops, NHS England Wessex team and Health Education England (HEE) Wessex are committing additional support for community pharmacies to build on their Healthy Living Pharmacies (HLP) accreditation. The NHS recognises the difference HLPs can make to the health and wellbeing of the communities they serve and are funding these Knowledge into Action workshops for Health Champions.
What is involved?
Through the delivery of two workshops, we will develop Health Champions by:
- Inspiring and enabling them to put their knowledge into action
- Having the skills and confidence to engage proactively with people about their health and wellbeing in the pharmacy and in the community
- Introducing key aspects of MECC (Making Every Contact Count) including healthy conversation skills, use of open discovery questions, beliefs and SMARTER goal setting
- Understanding why and how to maintain the Health Promotion Zone and run effective health promotion campaigns.
Who should attend?
This development is for Health Champions who are looking to further develop their confidence, knowledge, skills and role to make every contact count.
When are the workshops?
- Registration for both workshops at 9:00am, start at 9:30am and finish by 4:30pm
- 20th March – Wimborne Community Centre, 41-44 King Street Wimborne BH21 1EB
- 26th March – Holiday Inn, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO50 9PG
How do I register?
Registration is only through this Eventbrite booking only.
Terms and conditions for fully-funded development
- Delegates must have already completed or in the process of completing the RSPH Level 2 Award in Understanding Health Improvement (Health Champion course) and work in a Healthy Living Pharmacy in the Wessex area (Dorset, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth and Southampton)
- Maximum of 2 Health Champion per pharmacy
- Registration details must be fully completed on Eventbrite
- A charge of £50 may be applied for non-attendance where less than one week notice given
- Courses are limited and so we refuse the right to decline enrolment once the programme has filled or expired
- Backfill is not provided
Closing date for enrolment is 11 March 2019