** Free Blood Pressure Training **
Interactive WEBINAR from the comfort of your home or pharmacy
For pharmacists and members of their teams in the Midlands
Health Education England, in collaboration with NHS England and Public Health England across the Midlands area, are funding training for pharmacists and their teams on blood pressure risk awareness and measurement technique to support a health promotion campaign.
You and a pharmacy team member are invited to attend one of five live webinars to develop your blood pressure risk awareness and measurement technique. Whether you are learning for the first time, validating what you do already or checking you are doing it correctly, this training will ensure you are up-to-date in your practise and consistently measuring your patient’s blood pressure appropriately. In addition the training will support knowledge development on the lifestyle behaviours that may cause high blood pressure and risks of having high blood pressure.
Commissioners of services are increasingly looking at providers who have the appropriate training. We encourage Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians and Health Champions from all contractors to attend this free and accessible training. The webinar will be compatible with PC, laptop, tablet and mobile devices and all attendees successfully completing the short online assessment will receive a certificate.
Attend this 60-minute webinar to:
- the scale of the blood pressure problem and risks to health
- lifestyle changes that can reduce blood pressure
- how to have a healthy conversation to support individuals to change their behaviours and reduce their risks
- how to run an effective health campaign on high blood pressure
- Learn best practice for measuring blood pressure with a validated automated machine covering:
- familiarisation with equipment, including cuff sizing
- infection control
- patient preparation
- procedural instructions
- post-procedure instruction
- Understand when to refer at risk individuals
- Engage through an interactive question and answer session
- Complete an assessment and certification
To register for this webinar click here.
N.B. This training is being made available to all pharmacies across the Midlands footprint only.