Making Every Contact Count (MECC) is essentially about enabling the workforce to recognise the opportunity they have in facilitating people to have a greater awareness of their health and wellbeing. It is then about empowering people to seek out their own solutions to support their own health and wellbeing.
The five core elements of MECC are:
1. Stopping smoking
2. Reducing alcohol consumption
3. Maintaining a healthy weight and diet
4. Increasing physical activity
5. Promoting mental health and wellbeing
Our MECC course explores the following key elements and provides learners with the necessary knowledge and skills:
• Healthy conversation philosophy
• Healthy conversation skills
• Open discovery questions
• SMARTER goal settings
Pharmacy Complete is an HEE Wessex accredited training provider and the training is available in various formats from workshops to e-MECC and e-MECC lite.
Please connect with us to see how we can help you and your teams to make every contact count.